iPhone 4 CDMA owners were left with their phone stuck at the Apple logo after the jailbreak process.
Comex has now stated the issue has been fixed on JailbreakMe.com. Verizon/CDMA iPhone 4 owners can now safely jailbreak without worry of their phones not working.
If you already applied the jailbreak, comex posted the following info to get you back on track:
A bug in JailbreakMe 3.0 could cause iPhone 4 (CDMA, i.e. Verizon) to get stuck at the Apple logo and be unable to boot. If you are in this situation, there are two options:
- Hold down the home and power buttons until you see “Connect to iTunes”, then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. This will lose data stored on the phone.
- Apply a quasi-experimental fix using redsn0w. Download:
- redsn0w 0.9.6rc19: Windows / Mac (do not use an earlier version)
- Fix bundle, depending on firmware version: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
- IPSW for your firmware version, if you don’t have it: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
Open redsn0w, select your IPSW, choose “Install custom bundle“, and select the fix bundle. Then follow the directions. If it works correctly, after installation your phone will boot normally.
There is a separate bug where choosing “Re-jailbreak” would cause a device to be unable to boot.
Looking to try iOS 5 beta? Check out our UDID Activations Service.